- Toyota Division is No. 1 retail brand in July
- TMS light trucks set July sales record
- Camry No. 1 selling car in America
TORRANCE, Calif. (Aug. 3, 2015) – Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today reported July 2015 sales of 217,181 units, an increase of 0.6 percent from July 2014 on a volume basis. With the same amount of selling days in July 2015 as in July 2014, sales were up 0.6 percent on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis.
Toyota Division posted July 2015 sales of 187,365 units, down 0.6 percent on a volume and DSR basis.
“July auto sales showed no signs of slow down for the industry,” said Bill Fay, Toyota Division group vice president and general manager. “Led by Tacoma sales, the Toyota division light trucks posted a best-ever July.”
Lexus reported July sales of 29,816 units, up 9.1 percent from July 2014 on a volume basis and DSR basis.
“We continue to see strong demand for luxury utility vehicles. In fact, this past July marked the GX model’s best July sales since 2005,” said Jeff Bracken Lexus group vice president and general manager. “On the heels of strong sales of NX, and with a new LX and RX models arriving to showrooms in the coming months, we are very excited about the future of our lineup of luxury utility vehicles.”
July 2015 Highlights:
- Camry was best-selling car in July; posted sales of 38,435 units
- Corolla posted sales of 30,249 units
- Total TMS light trucks up 8.6 percent, a July record
- Highlander up more than 12 percent
- 4Runner up almost 26 percent
- RAV4 posted sales of 26,709 units
- Combined Tacoma and Tundra pickup sales up almost 17 percent
- Lexus luxury utility vehicles up nearly 28 percent
- All-new NX posted sales of 4,337 units
- GX up about 20 percent with sales of 2,337 units, best July since 2005
*Note: Unless otherwise stated, all figures reflect unadjusted raw sales volume