toyota forums   toyota forums

Go Back   Toyota Forum > Toyota Forums (Toyota Vans) > Toyota HiAce Forum

Notices

Toyota Forum: eBay Scammer - Moving from Bongos to Hiaces

Old 04-18-2015, 12:03 PM

Default eBay Scammer - Moving from Bongos to Hiaces

Hi All,

I'm a Bongo owner and forum user. We have been keeping a close eye on a scammer from Bristol who has been raking in cash from unsuspecting buyers over the last few months with duff Bongo sales.

Today, he's listed a Hiace, so I thought you should know his 'form'.

He's been listing Bongos under various eBay IDs, all based in Bristol, all one-day auctions. He typically has them photographed with the headlights on for some inexplicable reason.

The basic scam is - rough van advertised as a good van, at a low price and on a one-day auction so no time to view it. Deposit insisted on at the end of the auction. Buyer then views the van, and decides not to buy it due to it being a bit rough, and deposit isn't returned.

He has had hundreds of auctions for Bongos this year, many for the same vehicle repeated over and over. He also uses mates / additional IDs to bid up his auctions.

His current Hiace - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-HIA...p2056016.l4276

Buyer Beware etc.

IDs he is known to use are :
qure_uk2014
a.tarafdar
khkuk1

Thought you guys would appreciate the warning before some of you get stung.

Cheers
Dave_Aber

Old 04-28-2015, 01:33 AM

I'm not a potential van buyer, but i have a couple of buddies who might stumble upon his account while checking out vans online. Thanks a lot for posting, i'll make sure to notify them. Hope this guy gets caught asap.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:22 PM

Default ebay rife with vehicle sale scams

I recently reported to eBay what had to be a scam regarding a 2013 Hiace Commuter with 60k on the clock asking $11,500.00 'buy it now' - normally I would expect this van to sell for at least twice as much. Curiosity got the better of me and I emailed the guy who replied with a long story that he was in the UK with his wife who was undergoing cancer treatment and that the vehicle was in Australia and would be freighted at his cost anywhere in Australia after the full payment was made to him - of course he supplied a non-eBay email address. He immediately took the ad down though a week after I got his email (I didn't reply) and in another five days the ad was back up again. I guess until an actual scam is perpetrated there's not a lot that eBay can do. Anyone else had similar experiences?