toyota forums   toyota forums

Go Back   Toyota Forum > Toyota Forums (Toyota Cars) > Toyota Avalon Forum

Notices

Toyota Forum: Won't start

Old 07-20-2018, 09:58 PM

Default Won't start

So, I have a 98 Avalon with a little over 300,000 miles on it - YES 300,000 miles and until last week only a few minor things needed fixing. Well the starter began to work intermittently so I took it upon myself to change the starter and for about 2 weeks everything worked fine then I went to go to work one morning turned the key and nothing. So I was like bad starter so I changed it again and still the same thing - huh. I checked the fuses and also changed the starter relay under the hood - still nothing. I am guessing it may the the ignition switch?, but before I tear into the dash I was hoping to get some feedback from anyone who may have had this issue before. Because of the high mileage I really don't want to spend any more money in it then I absolutely have to even though it is still in mint condition with everything working and rides like it is brand new. Hope to get it fixed here in my garage. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.