toyota forums   toyota forums

Go Back   Toyota Forum > Toyota Forums (Toyota Vans) > Toyota Caldina Forum

Toyota Forum: Toyota Caldina Head Unit?

Old 07-12-2009, 04:20 AM

Default Toyota Caldina Head Unit?

I have a 1996 Toyota Caldina and i'm trying to to put a Sony Xplod CDX-GT370S into it but i can't find the 12V ignition wire and the 12V Battery wire can anyone help me with this i really need to get it done i've tried searching the net but i comes up with nothing helpful
cheers

Old 12-24-2009, 02:45 AM

Did you work it out in the end? I'm in the same seat at the moment, all the info on the net has different colored wires than in my 96 caldina. Its meant to have a blue/yellow and grey wire as the 2 12v's but my car has a blue/yellow and green as them. The radio will only work by connecting the red and yellow wires on the new headunit with the green wire from the car.. but then i have no memory.. its pretty confusing.. all the info on the net seems to be wrong. If you got it sorted and could help me I'd very much appreciate it.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:14 AM

Hey any luck working this out. Having problems wiring up a new head unit. Is there a 12v switched/ignition wire in the caldina?