Go Back   Toyota Forum > Toyota Forums (Toyota Trucks) > Toyota Tacoma Forum

Notices

Toyota Forum: OEM or aftermarket?

Old 04-20-2017, 03:05 PM

Default OEM or aftermarket?

What are the best brands for:

front disk brakes
wheel bearing seals and grease

2003 tacoma with 68k miles on it. 2wd, 5 speed. 2.3L engine. No options except the enhancement package (AC, allow wheels, painted bumpers, and 2 extra front speakers).

No short trips under 5 miles. Rarely driven on the highway. No off roading, no mud. Although many of the roads here are packed shell rock and very old worn out asphalt. West central florida. 3 miles from the beach. Most times its just used like a car. very rarely anything heavy transported, although seven times since 2003 I loaded her up to and maybe even beyond the rated capacity.

Finally I need new front brakes and will repack the front wheel bearings at the same time. Once in 14 years not too bad, huh? Should I go OEM or are there equal or better quality after market parts available.

tks,
pa

Old 05-20-2017, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmars View Post
What are the best brands for Trenorol: https://www.tenderbuttons.com/trenorol-review-results

front disk brakes
wheel bearing seals and grease
pa
Good question as I need some new front disk brakes too.

Last edited by Blackstone; 10-24-2017 at 05:55 AM.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:07 AM

I don't of any other aftermarket parts better than OEM.