toyota forums   toyota forums

Go Back   Toyota Forum > Toyota Forums (Toyota Vans) > Toyota Sienna Forum

Notices

Toyota Forum: loose mirrors (sideview mirrors wobble)

Old 09-10-2018, 04:00 PM

Default loose mirrors (sideview mirrors wobble)

Hello Toyota team, I have a 2015 Sienna and within the first year both side mirrors demonstrated significant play (loose / wobble, whatever ya call it!). Our dealer, Stapp Interstate in CO, told us on multiple occassions that this was normal operation and was not covered (in fact, they said it was by design! ... no, sir. it is not!). Their solution: We could pay a fortune to have the mirrors replaced.

So, I went online and found the SiennaChat forum, YouTube videos and other chat boards where it became apparent this is a widespread issue. Some dealers cover it and fix, others (like mine) do not. I find it hard to believe that Toyota would stand behind a loose mirror, that moves unregulated and without warning while the vehicle is in motion... this seems like a real safety hazard; it is really distracting and some users have said the mirror completely closes while driving... but there is a silver lining

... I found a way to easily fix it for cheap! (links below)

I posted a couple links below in case you have a loose mirror and want to fix it. You just need ~ 15 minutes and the right tools (nothing extraordinary).

It is my hope that Toyota would recongize this issue and make it a checklist item to fix when customers bring their car in. If I can do it in 10 minutes in my garage with a screwdriver set they should be able to help their customers get it fixed while gettting their oil changed! Our dealer, Stapp Interstate went so far as to say this is actually a part of the design of the mirror --- to 'auto adjust' when the vehicle is at high speeds .... WRONG! It is loose and needs to have the screws tightened. A mirror should never move, without warning and at random, while the vehicle is in motion.

If you had the same issue and had your dealer fix it please let me know. I'd love to showcase this to our dealer as a teaching moment. they have been really rude to us on this topic and it just seems so easy to fix. Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNAa02XV2uA

https://www.siennachat.com/forum/67-...er-mirror.html

Last edited by kebrandon; 09-10-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Tags
loose, mirror, side mirror, side view mirror