View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 01:47 AM

Default Coolant ******ing out of cylinder head

Hello,

Short story
From my double cabin pick-up toyota hilux (1989, 4WD, manual) all coolant has leaked from a hole in the cylinder head under (not behind!) the cylinder head rear plate, there where the cylinder head sits on the motor block. How should I proceed in repairing this? (And what could cause a hole in the cylinder head?!).

Long story
I've got a double cabin pick-up toyota hilux (1989, 4WD, manual) to which, since recently, I had to add a bit of coolant on a weekly basis. I figured it was a minor leak from one of the hoses that was quite worn out. However, all of a sudden when standing still (but with the engine running), all of the coolant was ******ing out of the engine.

I found out that it was coming from under (not behind!) the cylinder head rear plate. With my fingers I could feel a hole (!) in the cylinder head, there where it contacts with the motor block. I think there is supposed to be a gasket in between the cylinder head and the motor block, but the hole is so (relatively) big that this would not prevent the coolant water from ******ing out of the engine.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks,

M.T.Pilot