View Full Version : I have a toyota previa 92' and in the wintertime it's extremely hard to start.?

erebarab
11-19-2009, 02:41 PM
it looks to me like a starter problem, because when the engine doesnt start, i hit the starter and the engine starts. But I don't think the starter is the problem. I changed the starter 5 times but the problem still occurs. I put the key in ignition to start the car, and the car doesn't do anything for about 20-30 seconds until it sometimes starts. This problem only occurs in the wintertime almost everyday. In the summer time I never get this problem. I did a test for battery, wires, and starter and they told me everything was fine. Can anyone help me with this problem?

bandit_60
11-19-2009, 02:44 PM
you say it,s hard to start in the winter? how strong is your battery? you might need 1 with more amps.

harleyhornet
11-29-2009, 03:59 AM
Its your cold start injector, I had the same problem with mine.

Knudsen
02-09-2010, 08:31 AM
I had increasingly difficult start-problems, turned out that the switch connector was bad, got it replaced and never had start problems since.
Problems starting a cold engine could also be too thick engine oil. It gets too stiff when cold - a synthetic type of oil works best in cold weather. Get the oil changed (and new oil-filter) and make sure to get the proper oil!