View Full Version : mid-engine 91 Toyota Previa. light smoke(burning oil) coming into the cabin from

Mel
09-15-2009, 03:54 AM
under the seat.? it's old but runs perfect. however it has oil leaks and isn't worth a major gasket overhaul but now some smoke is coming into the cabin from under the front seats, which are directly over the mid placed engine. the misty smoke smells of petroleum like burning oil. i know it leaks and maybe burns oil too AND i know that it's hard to diagnose a problem without bringing it to a mechanic(which i'm planning on doing, but i was wondering if anyone else has maybe experienced the same problem with their Previa or even their Toyota so i can give my mechanic a better idea to pin point the problem. Thanks ahead.

TimCha
08-25-2010, 11:40 PM
well i'm guessing a blown head gasket leak from the cylinder head. everything u said was right on, you just need to say what time of the day it happens, and for how long its been a problem, along with all u already said.

alloo
03-19-2011, 02:14 AM
Could be a valve cover gasket or distributor shaft oring.

gertis
04-29-2011, 07:50 AM
I think what you can do is to remove the front passenger seat, remove the cover and see where the smoke is coming from.