View Full Version : in great need to repair a toyota previa engine head?

Djou
08-28-2009, 02:55 AM
hello, i`m in need to repair a toyota previa engine head, i couldn`t find a good one, they all have some little craks between valve seats, the van was not overheating ( the meter always on the middle) it was running fine but it suddenly lost power, when to a repair shop and they took the engine head apart, they found a blown head gasket and a bad valve seat and little cracks in the same place as described above. What can i do, use my engine head and change valve seats? i really believe that the lost of power was due to a bad valve seat and not the little cracks. forgot to tell you that indeed i had to add coolant to the reservoir once every three weeks, it was not totally empty perhaps in the middle of the min and max marks, żIf i use my old engine head, is there something i can add to the coolant to seal those little cracks? or my engine head is really dead?
Thank you for your time.

TimCha
08-25-2010, 11:45 PM
it depends on what type of alloy the engine head is made out of. Iron cast heads could be honed and resurfaced, and Aluminum cast heads cant be repaired.

gertis
05-05-2011, 05:52 AM
I just replaced my head gasket, I used the same head, I just sent it to a machine shop to get it restored, cheaper than a new one, less risky than a used one. good luck.