View Full Version : i have a 91 Toyota Previa. how many a/c compressors does it have?

Mel
08-26-2009, 03:56 AM
i understand that there are 2 compressors for most of the minivans out today but i read something years ago that said that the early Previa's have only ONE compressor. certain mechanics that i've called are trying to tell me that i have two of them and must charge me accordingly(to check the a/c system for leaks) but i don't think so. i've looked all throughout the vehicle and only see one. Thanks Ahead.
Shivaa, i never mentioned anywhere in any form that i confused any alternator with any compressor. i'm not lacking intelligence, just mechanical inclination. ok, i've called 2 specific dealers and what they said was that i misunderstood 2 air conditioning systems for 2 compressors. it's just my common sense way of thinking that if i'm told there are 2 systems then there should be 2 separate compressors otherwise, it's somewhat of a deception to say that (2) separate systems are running off of the same compressor. how does an extension of some a/c hoses into added vents in the back of the minivan make it "separate"? anyway thanks for the input.

shivaa
08-26-2009, 03:56 AM
Of course only one ,unless and other wise you got one extra one put for higher cooling for a special purpose..

Don't tell me you cannot differentiate between the alternator and the A/C compressor.

You tell the mechanic to show you the second compressor as he claims it is there in the car.

BFH
08-26-2009, 04:13 AM
There's one A/C compressor. I have never seen anything with two. Even with front and rear (dual) A/C there's only one compressor. You understand wrong.