View Full Version : 1993 toyota previa won't start after a bunch of work?

starcecil88
07-18-2009, 01:20 AM
So my car wont start... i get a single click... nothing else. I tried jump starting my car but that doesnt work, I had the battery charged and load tested at oreillys auto parts and everything checked out, i even used one of those droppers with the 4 balls in it to test the battery and everything comes out 100%.

The leads that connect the battery to the cables are brand new, i installed a new starter and i still get the same problem. This is so frustrating, i just wasted nearly 200 dollars and my problem still isnt fixed, and I shouldnt have spent that money anyway >.<

It used to do this on rare occasions and i could get it to start by trying again later and it started it doing it more and more to where this has happened 3 times in the past month and i cant get my car started this time.

I dont think its a starter relay because from my understanding the starter relay on the 93 toyota previas are on the starter itself, I have an automatic.

Orz

idontgivafork
hey bud take 12 volts and throw it to the small connector on the starter, if it cranks, then youve got a probelem, if not its a ground or a locked up(blown engine).just use a jumper wire, you might wanna check if it has a relay, but im almost sure it dont.

John
You need to check the ground lead that goes to the engine. Try taking a pair of jumper cables and connecting one end to the negative post and the other end to a starter bolt or ear of the starter and see if this allows it to start. If so you have a bad ground on the engine. You may also try using a wratchet and socket, put it on the end of the crank and see if it turns. If you can not turn the crank by hand the motor may be locked up.

TimCha
08-26-2010, 12:00 AM
does any power go to the car? do lights turn on? any accessories such as fan or radio work? also check if it cranks or just starts to, and stops. like a click then nothing. if it was working recently before, it could have been your alternator not charging the battery. all else fails, get a new battery. that was the problem for me. or when jumping the car you need a larger jumper cables to carry the voltage to your bat. when charging you always need more applied voltage than the battery being charged.

gertis
04-30-2011, 05:54 AM
check your fuses, use a jumper wire to crank the engine, if it does crank, then your problem leads to the ignition switch.